Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Welcome to Going Deep With Doze

Hello everyone. I want to welcome you to Going Deep With Doze. I'm Jim Dolezal, a sports fan with a passion for the Nebraska Cornhuskers. My feelings for Nebraska will be shared with you here. During the football season stop here for a breakdown of every Husker football game with a preview with an in-depth look at the opponent. After the game I will give you my perspective on what happened and what it means for the rest of the season.

So why would you read Going Deep With Doze? That is a good question. Here is my background. I was born on the opening day of the 1963 Nebraska football season (Husker fan from birth you know). The joke in my family is I was born at 6:20 a.m. that day so that my parents could get me to Memorial Stadium in time for kickoff at 1:30 p.m. The Huskers defeated South Dakota State that day 58-7.  I am a native of Columbus. Currently I live with my wife and son near Lincoln.  I spent over twenty years writing sports for The Columbus Telegram and am now moving into the blog world. Additionally I have fifteen years experience in the radio business most of which was on the air and play by play for Three Eagles Communications in Columbus. My experience also includes time on the play by play radio team for Midland University football in Fremont.

Now that you know a little bit about me, I hope you will stay and  help this blog grow. Let me know what you want to see in the blog as well. You can email me at jimdolezal@mail.com.

Thanks for stopping by Going Deep With Doze. Tell your friends. Up next here will be a preseason breakdown of each position group for the Huskers.




1 comment:

  1. glad you decided to blog about the huskers! i look forward to reading! :)

    ReplyDelete